Who will be your advisor?
Your advisors are Mr. Scott Handley for Global Studies/Honors Students, Ms. Dane Wallace and Dr. Judith Martin for Global Studies (BA).
How should I prepare for my first advising session?
- Log in to My Missouri State and access your Advising Notes under the My Student Records channel in the Registration tab.
- Confirm that your advising note lists your correct advisor, program and major. If any information is incorrect, visit the Advising Center at University Hall 109 to make changes before meeting with your advisor.
- Check your Degree Audit, which is also available on My Missouri State under the My Graduation Path channel in the Registration tab. Bring any questions about your degree audit to your advising session.
- Download and fill out the Global Studies Advising Form (PDF). Bring a printed copy to your advising session to aid in discussing course selection with your advisor.
- Study the following resources to learn more about the Global Studies program and advising at Missouri State University:
- Contact the Global Study Office to schedule your advising appointment with: Dr. Madeleine Hooper, Scott Handley or Dane Wallace.
How should I prepare for subsequent advising sessions?
- Consult your degree audit before each advising session to make sure you're still on track with your graduation plan.
- List the classes you still need to complete in each of the following areas:
- General Education courses
- B.A. requirements
- Major courses
- Minor courses
- University requirements
Create columns for each of these areas and total up all remaining classes, then divide by the number of classes you want to take each semester to calculate how many semesters you need to complete to graduate.
- Complete your graduation plan draft before each advising session.
- Visit the Study Away office at Morris Center 403 in downtown Springfield to plan your Study Away program if you have not completed it yet.